Policies and procedures to handle consumer complaints.
It is the policy of Capital Appraisal Management Company (CAMC) to respond to all customer issues, disputes, and complaints quickly, decisively, and accurately. CAMC will make every effort to reach a resolution to each complaint.
The policy is designed to provide guidance on the way CAMC handles complaints made.
WHAT IS A COMPLAINT?
A complaint, as defined by this Policy, is defined as follows:
- An expression of dissatisfaction made to the company, related to our products and services, or the complaint-handling process itself, where a response or resolution is explicitly or implicitly expected.
Any complainant who is dissatisfied with a product or service provided by CAMC or one of its business partners, for any reason, may contact the company to complain. We have determined that the best, fastest method of complaint transmittal is by email, but verbal and written complaints will be processed and given the same level of consideration as email.
GUIDING PRINCIPLES OF EFFECTIVE COMPLAINTS HANDLING
- Visibility – Our Complaints Handling Policy is readily available on our website at www.capitalamc.com
- Accessibility – Our Complaints Handling Policy is readily accessible to all business partners, employees, and customers. The Policy is easy to understand and includes details on making and resolving complaints.
- Responsiveness – When received via email, receipt of each complaint is acknowledged to the complainant immediately. Complaints will be treated courteously and kept informed of the progress of their complaint throughout the complaint-handling process.
- Objectivity – Each complaint is addressed in an equitable, objective, and unbiased manner through the complaints-handling process.
- Charges – There will be no charge to the complainant for making a complaint.
- Confidentiality – Personally, identifiable information (“PII”) and non-public information (“NPI”) concerning the complainant is actively protected from disclosure unless the complainant expressly consents to its disclosure.
- Customer-focused approach – All business partners and employees are committed to efficient and fair resolution of complaints. We actively solicit feedback from our customers on a regular basis and acknowledge a customer’s right to complain.
- Accountability – All business partners and employees accept responsibility for effective complaints handling. The Compliance Officer will ensure that, where appropriate, issues raised in the complaints handling process are reflected in partner and employee performance evaluation.
- Continual Improvement – Our complaints handling process will be reviewed periodically, and at least annually, to aim to enhance its efficient delivery of effective outcomes.
HANDLING A COMPLAINT
Email is the optimum method of complaint transmission. Complaints should be sent to our email address at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Capital Appraisal Management company.
7051 Brookfield Plaza, # 5831
Springfield, VA 22150.
WHAT INFORMATION IS REQUIRED WHEN MAKING A COMPLAINT?
When making a complaint, please provide the following information:
- Your name and contact information. Please include your name or legal name of your business along with an email and telephone number where we may reach you.
- Please specify whether you are a consumer, appraiser, or customer.
- Please let us know who you have been working with at the company.
- Please list the dates and a detailed description of the conduct giving rise to the complaint.
After reviewing the complaint, the Compliance Officer will contact you for additional information, including supporting documentation if needed
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF COMPLAINTS AND RECORDS RETENTION
We are committed to acknowledging all complaints immediately upon receipt. Once a complaint has been received, we will undertake an initial review of the complaint.
We will endeavor to resolve complaints within 14 business days of receiving the complaint, but this will not be possible on all occasions. Where our review exceeds 14 business days, we will contact you to inform you of the reason for the delay and indicate to you when we expect to be able to complete our review of the complaint.
Records of all complaints will be retained for no less than five (5) years. Records will include all dates of our communications with the complainant including the date of initial receipt, dates of all subsequent communications, and the date of final disposition.
YOUR RIGHTS DURING THE COMPLAINT PROCESS
You have the right to enquire as to the status of your complaint by sending an email to email@example.com. Someone will respond to your inquiry within 48-72 hours.
RESPONSE TO A COMPLAINT
Once we have reviewed the complaint, we will provide you with a written response. That written response will also be provided to the Managing Members of the firm.